Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Cookies!

It is a family tradition of ours to make cut out cookies for Christmas and decorate them. I was looking forward to Eloise getting to participate this year, but we didn't end up doing it. There was too much going on with Lucie's birth. SO, we decided to do it this weekend for the Super Bowl. I don't have appropriate cookie cutters, so we had to get creative. The Steelers got stars because the diamonds on their logo look similar to stars (close enough?) I had to stretch my imagination for the Cardinals. They are from Arizona and that state has lots of Cacti, right?? So there you go, we made Arizona Cardinal "Cactuses!" Hey, give me a break, I tried!! :)
Anyways, it was fun and the cookies turned out yummy!

Rolling our the doughCutting out a Steeler's "star"

Decorating our cookies

YUMMY!!!

Our finished yellow Steeler "Stars" and red Cardinal "Cactuses"!

3 comments:

rackersfamily said...

Yummy!!

Vandi said...

It looks like Eloise loved your idea!! Lucie will be helping soon, too!

K.C. said...

You have mastered bows!!! Love it!