Sunday, March 8, 2009

RSV

Lucie hasn't been feeling well this week. She has had one NASTY cough and a whole lot of nasal congestion. After talking to the doctors office numerous times, and trying lots of things, we ended up in the ER on Saturday (which also happened to be my 28th birthday. Not such a happy one this year.) After going to the ER they did RSV tests, chest xrays and hooked her up to the monitors. He oxygen level was low so they put her on oxygen. Her RSV test came back positive. (UGH!) So, here we are. Yesterday Lucie was admitted to the Children's Medical Center in Plano. This is the moment I broke down. Thankfully, as a nursing mommy, I am getting to stay here with her!

She is looking better today, and we are thankful to be at this hospital. ( I have been SO impressed with this facility and staff. I will never go to another ER for kid stuff!) They are closely monitoring my punkin' and trying to take her off of the oxygen. Once she has been off of the oxygen for 24 hours we might get to go home! As of now, Lucie Rose is still on the oxygen. So, we won't be going home today... or maybe even tomorrow.

Pray, Pray, Pray for Lucie's health to improve so we can go home!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Oh no! Precious little thing! I will pray!!! Keep us posted!

Lisa Parsons said...

Oh Kelly I can't even imagine how scary that is! You must be so stressed out...and on your birthday too! I am praying for little Lucie, and I know she will be home and healthy soon!

rackersfamily said...

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out. We are praying for little lucie too!