Monday, May 4, 2009

My First T-shirt Quilt

One of the reasons it's been so long since I have blogged is because I have been working on a t-shirt quilt. If I have been lucky enough to get both girls to nap at the same time, I have been quilting! I got a sewing machine for my birthday this year and I signed up for a class at Joanne's. You might remember me mentioning my hesitation to throw away my old sorority shirts (See "1o Random Things About Yours Truly" ) Well, I found a use for them! I had been telling myself for years I was going to get a quilt made out of them. Instead, I decided to take on the task first hand! It was SO fun, and I plan to start working on one for Patrick next! Here are some photos of the finished product. The large squares are the t-shirt backs, and the small ones are the pocket art.


I used red yarn to "tie it off" since my sewing machine isn't a quilter (and I don't know how to hand quilt.... yet.)

p.s. thank you Patrick for being my "Quilt Display Stand"

2 comments:

Katy said...

So cute, Kelly! Love it! btw---I took a hand quilting class this fall. I've always wanted to know how. Anyway, be patient cause it's harder than you think, and it takes fooooooooorrrrrreeeeeevvvvverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! ;)

Vandi said...

I am working on a quilt for Cambria right now! How funny! I would love to know the specifics on your quilt such as square sizes, etc. Maybe we might just have to come and get personal lessons this summer.... :)