Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tick Tock... Tick Tock

38 weeks and counting... This is BY FAR the longest I have ever been pregnant. Eloise graced us with her presence 5 weeks early and Lucie made her arrival 3 weeks early. So, to me, this pregnancy seems to have lasted FOREVER! I have been going to the doctor weekly now for 3 weeks. I have been at a 3 and 50% for 2 weeks and today I had another doctors appointment and I am dilated to a 4, and 80%! So now, we wait...
~~~
Reasons this pregnancy has been different:
1. Unplanned- so everything has been a surprise this far!
2. Baby is bigger, much bigger. Last week the doctor estimated 7Lbs, 5 oz. None of my kids have ever broken the 7 Lb. mark.
4. Don't know the gender and not telling names (it's made the preparation process VERY different.)
3. Carrying baby higher (or baby is longer)- I can feel Peanut moving behind my ribs. Sometimes Peanut literally takes my breath away after a sharp jab to the lungs.
4. I actually look pregnant. Previously my children would spread out (making me look wider.) This baby is all out front. It's new for strangers to come up to me and ask me "When are you due?" I am used to telling people I am pregnant, and having them act surprised after finding out!
4. I am uncomfortable... and when I used to hear this from others I would think that the mom's meant they felt big and bloated and miserable. NO- for me it means lots of PRESSURE... and the sensation that the baby is coming... NOW. Exerting any effort hurts (literally.)
~~~
Things I am Most Looking Forward to:
1. I am looking forward to knowing the Peanuts gender the MOST.
2. I can't wait to see my Lucie be a big sister.
3. Eloise is going to be able to help me more this time around. She is already so independent!
I look forward to my next post about the baby's arrival! Pray for us!

2 comments:

Lisa Parsons said...

I can't wait to find out the sex of the baby!!! Good luck, I am looking forward to pictures!!!

Vandi said...

Wow, you have dilated a lot!! I was only 3 when I went into labor. I pray for you that Peanut makes his/her arrival soon. I always thought you went faster the more children you have.
Eloise will be so helpful. That will be such a blessing!! I'm sure little Lucie will help in other ways, too :)I can't wait for your birth announcement!