Friday, October 3, 2008

We're having a girl!

Patrick and I are so glad to be blessed with another little girl! Elaina Rose Surratt is due to arrive January 7th, 2009. We are so excited for Eloise to have a sister that is so close to her own age. (They will be 22 months apart!)
To avoid the complications that I faced with my first pregnancy, I have started taking weekly progesterone shots. Studies show that this greatly reduces the risk of going into pre-term labor. My insurance plan covers a weekly nurse visit and shot. Thankfully, that means Patrick doesn't have to deliver the injection! (I am sure he would be gentle, but it is a painful shot, and it's best delivered by a professional!)
Below is our most recent sonogram picture of our precious Elaina (Or "Lainey" as we fondly refer to her!)

2 comments:

rackersfamily said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family. Thanks for sending me your blog info. I love blogging!
Hopefully we can get together soon!

Brianne said...

YEAH! I can't wait to meet her:)