Thursday, October 23, 2008

What is in a name???

I am being wishy washy. Am I crazy? What is the big deal about picking a name? I thought I had settled on Elaina Rose Surratt for the new baby girl, but now I am having second thoughts. It just doesn't "Fit." Does that make sense? I want a beautiful, feminine, not- so- common name for this sweet child. I have been through numerous books, websites and family possibilities but nothing has that special "ring" to it. Or, I like it and Patrick doesn't. I don't know what to do.... I guess you should hold off on buying anything personalized! I am feeling overwhelmed... am I the only one who has struggled with this decision?

4 comments:

Vandi said...

Kelly,
Your feelings are totally normal. The first girl is always the easiest name to pick, we had Cambria in our minds way before I got pregnant. I have no idea what I would name a second girl if I had one!! If it helps, one of the prettiest/sweetest/smartest girls I've had teaching was named Allena (different spelling but you get my point). However, this is your child and I know it's hard! Hope this helps even just a little...
Vandi

Lisa Parsons said...

Yeah! Now we can check in on you guys and see how you are doing! Congrats on the new baby...that is so exciting!!!

rackersfamily said...

I think the first child is so easy to name. We couldn't agree on poor baby brother's name for ever. And this is totally horrible, but we have naming remorse. Now that he is 6 months old we hear other names we like and say: "Why didn't we name him ___?

Katy said...

It is SO hard! And I agree with everyone---I had AnnMarie's name for a long time, but if I got pregnant tomorrow, I would have NO idea what to name either sex!
You've been TAGGED! (Check my blog) :)