Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

We had a relaxed 4th of July this year. No traveling (We've done enough of that the past two weekends), no party, no fuss. We played in the yard, barbecued, and watched McKinney's "Red, White, and Boom" fireworks from the neighborhood.
I tried out a yummy recipe I got in Southern Living magazine for cornmeal shortcakes. I called the "Red, White, and Blueberry Shortcakes." Eloise enjoyed helping mommy in the kitchen. It's something she just started doing. When I start to make something she says "I help! I help!" Adorable!

My favorite part of the day was when I asked Eloise who her best friend was. I expected to hear something like Lindsey or Noah from the Y, but she said "SISSY!!" SSSIIIIGGGHHH!!! It melted my heart.


We hope you had a good one!

Love, The Surratts

No comments: