Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My little secret....

I have always wanted to be a runner!!!

So, I am coming out of the running closet, dusting off my running shoes and training for my 1st 5K, the Fire Fighter 5K run on September 13th, in McKinney. No more saying "I can't" and making up excuses. My ultimate goal is to do a 1/2 marathon in the late fall (White Rock Marathon) or early spring (Dallas Rock N' Roll 1/2 Marathon.)

So........Now, I actually have to do it, right, because I am professing my intentions so publicly via Blogger?!?!?!

4 comments:

rackersfamily said...

Go girl!!!

Alisha & Mark said...

Go Kelly! That is awesome! I am training for a 1/2 too...and...I am running the Dallas Rock and Roll!!!!! So fun!

Erin & Doug said...

YAY!!!! Kelly - I HATED running until about 3 years ago and I now LOVE it! Doug and I are also running the Dallas Rock and Roll. I did a Rock and Roll Marathon last year and the races are TONS of fun - lots of music!

Unknown said...

i will run with you this wk end if you want!