Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Baby Cole's Shower and Quilt

I have been on a blogging hiatus lately. With everything that was happening in my life, I just couldn't muster up the energy needed to keep up. I had great intentions. I kept taking my pictures, but didn't follow through with my blog. All that being said, I am going to try to catch up!
My bestie, Holly, was expecting her first little bundle. A bouncing baby boy named Cole! We couldn't wait to celebrate him with a shower!The Mommy- to- be!Welcome to the party!
There was some great company! Me, Eloise and Tessa.
("Where is Lucie," you ask? ...)Eating...
she did the WHOLE time!
How could she not... the food was devine!
About the cuisine...Tea and strawberry lemonade to wet the pallet.French house Chicken salad and Kuby's pimento cheese sammies, fruit skewers, tomatos capris, bacon wrapped little smokies (mmmm... you have no idea), kettle corn, and mini cupcakes!And a candy bar! The little ones LOVED it!
(notice who's there.... scavenging some more...)Holly and a cousin sippin' and snugglin'
I made baby Cole a personalized quilt. I used this pattern from Moda Bake shop. The fabric selection was the Blue "Lilly and Will" by Bunnyhill Designs for the border and aplique and a simple muslin for the center.
Throughout the smaller prints you can see bunny sillouhettes... so I chose to do a bunny applique along with the name.I did "stitch in the ditch" quilting on the border and a simple lined stich for the center.Holly LOVED little Cole's quilt!
(Sorry about the horible photo quality)
Did I mention that Baby Cole made his apperance? Yep!! That's right, he arrived on September 2nd! Isn't he scruptious?

(I can't take credit for the photo... It's by Sweet Louis Photography in Austin. Kerry does great work if you are in the area!)

Congrats to Holly and Phil on the new, adorable addition!

No comments: