Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nursery Debut

I figured it was about time to post some pictures of Tessa's vintage inspired nursery. As you know, we didn't find out her gender ahead of time (s0 fun!), so we started with a pretty neutral "canvas" and added most of the decor after her delivery.

The first colors in her room were khaki, white and black. After she was born I decided to do a splash of about every other color in the rainbow! When you are working with such a simple canvas, you can go crazy with the details! Anyhow, here is her name hanging over the window.
The simple nursery bedding was sort of the rooms "little black dress." Meaning you can change the entire look of the room by changing the accessories and use the same bedding.
(Kind of like you do with your perfect LBD.)
The photo quality of this one isn't great, but I thought it captured the room in it's entirety.
The quilt on the chair is the one I made for Tessa. It has been pieced, layered and quilted. It still needs to be bound. I plan to hang it on the wall behind the crib in replacement of the one currently there. It's 6' x 6' so it will take up the whole space, and add a lot of color to the room.
This little "vintage" dress is MY coming home outfit that my Dad picked for me after I was born. This is my absolute favorite addition to the room.

On top of the white shelf rests a cute little vintage balloon lamp that once lit the walls of MY nursery (Oh, and my siblings, too!) It also serves as a night light. Also some "Bunnykins" china and the Baby Book (that you first met HERE.)

The baby changing station... a must have in any nursery!

Above the changing station is are two shelves that hold all kinds of little vintage treats! A Raggedy Ann and Andy, tin duck pull toy, a spinning top, lantern, baskets of baby goodies, adorable record of birth art and....My special little gift. The perfect perch for our new bear! It's like a little guardian angel watching over baby Tessa.
Also, one of my favorite additions to the nursery....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! It is just missing precious Tessa!!

Lisa Parsons said...

What a gorgeous room!!!!!

Lisa said...

I love her nursery! Maybe I need your help to do something special for this 3rd baby girl :)