Friday, October 8, 2010

A Special Gift


The last few weeks of my Dad's life was spent under hospice care. VITAS took great care Dad and my family through difficult times. One of the wonderful things they do for the families in their care is make bears out of their loved ones clothing. I took my favorite "Dad Shirt" to them. It was the shirt he wore when Eloise was born. I just received my finished bear, and a photo of him in the shirt.
It brought tears to my eyes; it was just perfect. Now, all I have to do is find the perfect perch for our precious gift.... I have a special little spot in mind!
Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Kevin Yarrow said...

Kelly,

I'm VERY happy that you received a bear. They are one of the many important missions our hospice volunteers fulfill. If you let me know your father's name, I'll pass your blog address along to the volunteer who made it. I know it would mean a lot to her to see the photos and to read how much it has meant to you!

Take care and please know that we are always here to support you and your family.

Kevin Yarrow
General Manager
VITAS Innovative Hospice of Dallas
Kevin.Yarrow@Vitas.com